Unsafe Enviroment Claims
The Nevada premise liability lawyers of Benson, Bertoldo, Baker & Carter represent individuals that are injured in accidents caused by unsafe conditions and improper maintenance. If you or someone you love is injured in an unsafe environment, you can seek legal help by contacting us today.
Property Owners are Responsible
Property owners and managers are responsible for maintaining safe environments for the public. Business establishments such as hotels, resorts, restaurants and casinos are responsible for maintaining safe environments for their guests. When something goes wrong and a person is injured while on their property, they can be held accountable.
An unsafe environment can mean several different things. For example, people can be seriously injured if the premise isn’t properly maintained. Examples of this include:
- Tears in carpet or flooring that cause a person to trip
- Spills that aren’t cleaned up in a timely manner
- Unmarked wet surfaces after cleaning
- Broken chairs or furniture that cause a person to fall
- Uneven stairs that result in falls
- Poorly lit stairwells and parking garages
- Loose items on shelves that can fall and hit someone
- Presence of objects that pose safety hazards in walk spaces
- Poor labeling to warn visitors of potential safety hazards
Premise Liability Lawsuits
Individuals that are injured due to improperly maintained environments can seek compensation for damages by filing a premise liability lawsuit against the owner of the establishment. If you or someone you love is injured while on another’s property and you believe the accident was caused by a preventable source, you should consult an attorney about your rights.
If possible, use your camera phone to take pictures of the scene to document what caused your injury. For example, if you fell because of a broken chair, take pictures of the chair and the surface that you landed on. This can help to prove negligence.