BBC&S Scholarship Essay Contest
Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith are pleased to announce the 5th Annual Scholarship Essay Contest!
Students entering college in the 2017 Fall semester may apply starting November 11, 2016 – February 14th, 2017. Please submit application and contest essay here.
Full scholarship contest details below.
LEGAL FOR ESSAY CONTEST:
- We invite high school students to write a 3 page or less essay on the topic “Why should the 7th Amendment’s right to a jury be preserved for civil trials?” for your chance to win a $2,500 Scholarship to college.
- Grand Prize $2,500 scholarship to College
Submission Phase: November 11th, 2016 9:00 AM PST to February 14th, 2017 12:00 PM PST
1 Winner Announced: At the end of March.
Only residents in the United States are eligible to win. No purchase necessary.
Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith ESSAY CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES:
- Eligibility: The contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia), Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Employees of BBCS, and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The essay Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Host’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning the contest is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Contest begins on November 11th at 9am PST and ends on February 14th, 2017 at 12:00 pm PST (the essay contest period).
- How to Enter : During the Contest Period, you can enter at: www.nvlegaljustice.com/scholarship. Then, follow the directions to fill out the form and upload the essay.
Essay (3 pages or less, entitled “Why should the 7th Amendment’s right to a jury be preserved for civil trials?”known as your submission (“Submission”). By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Essay Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Essay Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission must be in a Microsoft Word format
- The Submission must not exceed 3 pages
- The Submission’s description must be in English
- The Submission cannot have been plagiarized
- The submission can not have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
Essay Content Restrictions:
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement
- The Submission must not contain images
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent,
obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Each entrant may upload one (1) Essay Submission during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void.
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable.
Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give BertoldoBaker Carter& Smith a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules.
The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
Winner Determination: After the Essay Contest Period, the winner will be chosen.
Potential winner will be notified by either email, mail or phone approximately 48 hours following the conclusion of the Contest Period. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the scholarship. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, at the sole discretion. Up to three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable scholarship will remain un-awarded.
WINNING ESSAY SUBMISSION, INCLUDING STORY AND/OR PHOTOS, MAY BE PUBLISHED AND DISPLAYED IN A MARKETING CAMPAIGN. ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE SHALL CONSTITUTE AND SIGNIFY WINNER’S AGREEMENT AND CONSENT THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES MAY USE THE WINNER’S SUBMISSION, NAME, CITY, STATE, LIKENESS, PHOTOS, AND/OR SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE ESSAY CONTEST FOR PROMOTIONAL, ADVERTISING OR OTHER PURPOSES, WORLDWIDE, IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVISED, INCLUDING THE INTERNET, WITHOUT LIMITATION AND WITHOUT FURTHER PAYMENT, NOTIFICATION, PERMISSION OR OTHER CONSIDERATION, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations there to in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights here under. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
Prize: Contest Period :
One (1) $2,500 College Scholarship (terms and conditions apply). Approximate Retail Value: $2,500. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided here in at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) scholarship per person.
Prize winner will be confirmed via either email, mail or phone, and will be required to sign and return, within ten (10) days of notification, a Publicity Release.
Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner being selected.
General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Essay Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Limitations of Liability:
Released Parties are not responsible for:
(1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest;
(2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software;
(3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest;
(4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials;
(5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or
(6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorised third party use of any Submission.
Disputes : Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that:
(1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action
(2) any and all claims, judgements and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys fees;
Winner List : For name of winner send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to :
Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith Attention Marketing Dept.: Attn: Jessica Hughes: 7408 West Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89117
If you were involved in an accident, please visit here:
- Auto Accident
- Car Accident
- Truck Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Airplane Accident
- Construction Accident
- Dog Bite
- Fire Accident
- Helicopter Accident
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Workers Compensation