Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Lawyers serving Las Vegas, NV
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), more than 6 million motor vehicle accidents occur on U.S. roadways each year. While upwards of 2 million Americans sustain personal injuries that are irreversible in these crashes, over 43,000 are killed annually. In the state of Nevada, more than 400 traffic accident fatalities occurred last year, representing a 26 percent increase from the previous year.
Following a car accident, victims may be left with serious physical injuries, significant property damage and an extreme amount of emotional trauma. Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith is here to help individuals and families impacted by car accidents. For more than 30 years, our highly qualified injury lawyers have been helping injured victims and their families recover the maximum amount of compensation they are entitled to.
Las Vegas Car Accident Reports & Statistics
The USDOT compiled the following national statistics regarding car accidents:
- A person dies in an auto accident every 12 minutes in the U.S.
- Someone in the U.S. is injured every 14 seconds in a car accident
- The number one cause of fatality in those younger than 30 years old is a car accident
- Individuals who typically sustain the most severe injuries in motor vehicle accidents are those between 15 and 24, as well as those older than 75 years old
- One in four drivers will be involved in a car accident within the next five years
- More than 50 percent of those killed in auto crashes were not wearing their seat belts at the time of the collision
- Drunk driving is responsible for about 40 percent of all car accident fatalities
- Approximately 25 percent of all car accidents are caused by drivers talking on mobile phones
Las Vegas Car Accidents Resulting in Death
Auto accidents are more likely to result in fatality when:
- Animals or debris are in the roadways
- Drivers are fatigued, distracted or inexperienced
- Drivers are intoxicated
- Drivers are speeding, running red lights or otherwise violating traffic laws
- Bad weather or poor road conditions are present
- Vehicles are overloaded or poorly maintained
- Vehicle equipment is defective or fails to operate
Human error is responsible for nearly 90 percent of all motor vehicle collisions. If any type of negligence plays a role in causing a car accident, victims may be able to seek compensation for their injuries and losses. The compassionate, highly skilled accident lawyers at the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith are dedicated to providing the best representation possible.