Q & A: Motorcycle Accident
Dedicated Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV: Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith
If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas, NV, the experienced attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith can help you discover your total recovery needs today. Our accomplished attorneys will create a strategic legal approach to compiling your overall financial restitution requirements, so you can start the healing process immediately.
Motorcycle Accident FAQs
Q: How many motorcycle accident injuries and deaths occur in the United States each year?
A: Based on the records obtained fromthe National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, last year alone:
- An estimated 88,000 motorcyclists were injured in accidents throughout the country
- There were 4,976 motorcyclist fatalities in the U.S.; an 8% increase from the previous year
- 55 of those fatalities occurred in the State of Nevada
Data collected by the Centers for Disease Control lists that:
- Since the year 2000, motorcycle-related deaths have increased by 55%
- The economic liability of motorcycle-related crashes reaches $12 Billion annually
Q: Are all motorcycle riders required to wear helmets in the State of Nevada?
A: Yes. The State of Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles lists that a universal helmet law is in effect in the State of Nevada. This law states that all riders must be wearing a helmet during the operation of a motorcycle.
Q: What are the leading causes of motorcycle accidents in the United States?
- Vehicles maneuvering through traffic and making unsafe lane changes without looking for motorcyclists
- Car doors hazardously opening as a motorcycle passes
- Left turns in front of motorcyclists
- Vehicle operation/driving under the influence
- Driving a vehicle while distracted
- Speeding and reckless driving by passenger vehicle drivers
- Vehicles failing to obey traffic signs and signals
- Failing to observe motorcycles as road-sharing vehicles
Q: What types of injuries occur during motorcycle accidents?
A: Because of the size differential between a passenger vehicle and a motorcycle, and the rider’s vulnerable, exposed state, motorcycle accident injuries are often serious and can require lengthy treatment.
The most common personal injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident can include:
- Broken bones
- Torn muscles and ligaments
- Neck and spine injuries
- Knee injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Burns and road rash
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Wrongful death
Q: What type of costs are associated with motorcycle accident injuries?
A: The CDC reported that the average hospital charges for motorcycle riders who sustained a traumatic brain injury were 13 times higher than the charges for those who did not. Even if your injuries do not include a serious brain injury, the costs can be overwhelming and require an experience attorney to pursue the overall financial recovery amount that will provide you with the time and resources you need to heal.
These recover costs can include:
- Current and future lost wages
- Immediate, on-going, and future medical expenses
- Prescription and medical device costs
- Therapy and rehabilitation services
- Partial or full disability
- Temporary or permanent disability
Q: What if I cannot afford the medical care necessary to heal fully?
A: Your health and well-being are our attorneys’ number one priority. It is important that you obtain the medical care you require to resume your previous health. In some cases, motorcycle accidents can cause permanent injuries that require additional financial compensation to ensure long-term care is covered without you paying out of pocket.
The Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith will review your accident from beginning to end, including your medical records and statements from your doctors, to ensure no detail is overlooked when we seek the maximum financial recovery available for your case.
Q: How do I begin a claim against the driver who caused my motorcycle accident and injuries?
A: As you undergo medical treatment, contact our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith in Las Vegas, NV today by calling (702) 832-0513 to schedule a free consultation. Our dedicated lawyers will take the lead in investigating your accident, the driver who caused your injuries, your medical records, and overall financial needs to pursue the best outcome available for your case.