Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas
Skilled Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV: Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith our pedestrian accident attorneys in Las Vegas, NV understand that our city is one of the best places to explore on foot; but traversing the sites and sounds has its challenges. With nearly 40 million people visiting the city each year, traffic, obstacles, refuse, and poorly-maintained walkways and stairways can cause an underlying danger to the city’s residents and visitors alike. If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident in Las Vegas, NV, our experienced lawyers can help you pursue the cause, company, or individual who produced your injuries for financial recovery.
Pedestrian Accident FAQs
Q: How common are pedestrian accidents in Las Vegas, NV
A: In 2017, 78 pedestrians, a Clark County, Nevada record, were fatally struck by vehicles. The previous record was 60, making pedestrian deaths all-too-common in the area.
Q: How common are pedestrian accidents throughout the United States?
A: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that last year:
- 5,376 pedestrians were killed in traffic crashes; Nearly a 10% increase from the previous year
- A pedestrian is killed approximately every 1.6 hours
- A pedestrian is injured more than every 7.5 minutes
- Pedestrian deaths accounted for 15% of all traffic fatalities
- There were more than 70,000 injuries associated with pedestrian accidents, up from 61,000 the previous year
Q: What are the most common causes of pedestrian accidents?
A: The U.S. Department of Transportation, and the Federal Highway Administration reported the most common causes of pedestrian accidents as:
- 24%: Trip on cracked on uneven walkways
- 17%: Trip/slip and fall
- 12%: Hit by a car
- 6%: Wildlife/pets involved
- 5%: Tripped on rock/stone
- 5%: Stepped in holes, pits or dips
Q: What are the most common injuries associated with pedestrian accidents?
A: Last year, the Centers for Disease Control reported that almost 130,000 pedestrians were treated throughout the country, either in emergency rooms or quick-care clinics, for non-fatal, pedestrian accident related injuries
The CDC goes on to report the most common injuries caused during pedestrian accidents as:
- Brain injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Lacerations and bruising
- Torn muscles and ligaments
- Wrongful death
Q: What steps should I take if I am involved in a pedestrian accident?
A: There are five steps you should take if involved in a pedestrian accident:
- Get medical help right away. Your well-being is the most crucial factor after an accident.
- Contact the police department to take your statement and complete a full report for future use.
- If you can assess the scene before seeking medical care, record the information related to the cause of your injury, which can include the driver’s information (if a car is involved) or the location of your accident (if poor maintenance is involved), and take down the contact information from any witnesses at the scene.
- Take pictures of the cause of your pedestrian accident with your cellphone.
- Contact the pedestrian accident attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith to investigate the cause of your injury, and to move forward with the next steps in pursuing the person or company at fault.
Q: What if the driver leaves the scene? Or the accident cause is repaired before I can make a claim?
A: If you are rushed from the scene with a medical emergency after your accident, our attorneys will take the lead in fully researching and investigating your injury cause after the fact. In these cases, our partnership strengths with accident reconstructionist and experience with fleeing motorists or company cover-ups allow us to retrace the accident to create a case that will support our client’s claims in court.
Q: Am I entitled to financial recovery after being injured in a pedestrian accident?
A: Contact our experienced pedestrian accident attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith in Las Vegas, NV today by calling (702) 832-0513 to schedule a free consultation. We will review your case, and the circumstances surrounding your injuries, to determine if negligence was a factor and who we can pursue to recover your financial losses, including medical care and lost wages. Our pedestrian accident lawyers provide unmatched representation in Las Vegas and have the experience necessary to deliver results for personal injury victims.