Truck Accident Lawyers Las Vegas, NV
Truck Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
Large trucks are invaluable to our nation’s economy, but they can also do a lot of damage on the road. More than 10% of all traffic fatalities involve collisions with large trucks. If you or someone you know has become the victim of a truck accident, you should consider consulting with a Las Vegas truck accident attorney who can help you get the compensation that you deserve.
Understanding Truck Accidents in Las Vegas, Nevada
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 51 accidents involving large trucks in the State of Nevada in 2006, and in recent years, that number has increased.
The survey also found the following facts about truck accidents:
- Large trucks account for 4% of all registered vehicles and 8% of all fatal traffic accidents
- Truck accidents account for 1.5% of all traffic accidents throughout Nevada
- Two-thirds of these accidents take place in rural areas
- The majority of the accidents occur along rural roads and interstate highways
- The most common cause of truck accidents is speeding, followed by unsafe lane changes and other aggressive driving habits
Meanwhile, the Nevada Department of Public Safety found that 4,229 people died in large truck accidents in 2009, with 70% of those victims being drivers and passengers in smaller vehicles.
Frequently Asked Questions about Truck Accidents
1. What kind of trucks are involved in these accidents?
A large truck is any vehicle that has a gross vehicle weight rated at over 10,000 pounds. This category includes single-unit trucks and truck tractors. A common large truck is the semi-trailer truck (also known as “18 wheelers” or “big rigs”), which carry an attached trailer. These trailers are used to carry freight or other vehicles. Other common types include flatbed trucks, tanker trucks, and tractor doubles and triples. In a 2010 survey, tractor-trailers were the most common trucks involved in a fatal accident in Nevada.
2. How can a truck accident happen?
25% of truck accidents involve rear-ending, whether it’s from a truck to a non-truck, a smaller vehicle hitting a truck, or a pair of trucks colliding.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) outlines these other common scenarios:
- Side swipes
- Hitting an object in the road
- Backing into another vehicle
- Turning across the path of another vehicle
- Head-on collisions
- Hitting other vehicles in an intersection
- Running off the road or out of a traffic lane
What Our Las Vegas Truck Accident Attorneys can do for you
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, we’ve represented many victims of truck accidents over the years. We offer not just experience in handling personal injury claims, but compassion for personal injury victims. We’ll make sure that you’re treated fairly and give your case our full attention from start to finish.