Q & A: Truck Accidents
Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV: Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith
In Las Vegas, NV at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our truck accident attorneys understand how important the trucking industry is to the State of Nevada‘s commerce and growth. Our lawyers also understand how dangerous these large, cargo-carrying vehicles can be to passenger vehicles that share the roadways. If you have been injured in a truck accident, are caring for a family member who has been injured in truck accident, or have lost a loved one in a truck accident, our accomplished law firm can help you pursue the financial recovery you deserve.
Truck Accident FAQs
Q: How many large, semi-trucks are operating in the United States?
A: According to the Federal Highway Administration there are more than 11 million semi-trucks registered in the country.
Last year, those trucks transported:
- 73% of all cargo transported throughout the country, accounting for 14,547 million tons of freight
Q: How many accidents are large trucks responsible for in the U.S.?
A: Last year, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration recorded:
- Nearly 111,000 injuries resulting from semi-truck crashes, a 17% increase from the previous year
- 4,050 fatalities from semi-truck crashed, an 8% increase from the previous year
- 342,000 accidents involving property damage
Q: Because of the truck’s size, is if fair to say that passenger vehicles and their occupants are at greater risk for injury when an accident occurs?
A: It’s more than fair to say. Statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that of those people killed in large semi-truck accidents:
- 73% were occupants of other vehicles
- 10% were non-occupants, including bicyclists, pedestrians, and bystanders
- Large trucks, on average, are responsible for 8.3% of all vehicles involved in fatal crashes
Q: If I am involved in a semi-truck accident, who is responsible for my injuries? The truck driver? Or the trucking company?
A: This is a complicated issue, which is why having a Las Vegas Truck Accident Attorney by your side is so important. There are several factors that can lead to a truck accident, and in most cases, only a legal professional can diligently investigate the cause thoroughly and identify and determine who is at fault.
Tehre are many factors that may influence liabilty:
- Driver Speeding
- Driver Misjudging stopping lengths or road conditions
- Driver Impairment, including alcohol, narcotics or lack of sleep
- Company for hiring unskilled drivers, failing to provide proper training or monitoring credentials
- Pick-up/drop-off contractors for improper cargo loading, locking or security
- Manufacturer, for mechanical defects, equipment failure
- Operating company for failing to provide proper maintenance, or ignoring recalls
Each of these factors will be explored by our truck accident attorneys to ensure the case is investigated thoroughly, and all liable parties are held responsible for their role in the crash.
Q: How can Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith determine who is responsible for my injuries?
A: Your injuries are evidence. The vehicles and truck are evidence. If you have been hurt in a truck accident, someone is responsible for your well-being going forward. Our attorneys work with industry professionals and experts to explore, investigate, and collaborate to build the case.
Our firm works tirelessly to employ the best consultants in the following industries:
- Accident inspection experts
- trucking experts
- Automotive engineers and technology experts
- Forensic accident reconstruction professionals
- Law enforcement officials
- Medical professionals, documents, and testimony regarding your injuries
- Private and public compliance officials
- Traffic concentration and flow technicians
Q: If I am hurt in a truck accident, what type of financial recovery may I beentitled to?
A: All truck accident injury cases differ, as do the medical needs and financial recovery costs. Each case is unique, and our truck accident attorneys will determine the complete financial recovery necessary for your injuries, including:
- Immediate, short- and long-term medical care
- Past and future lost wages, from the time of the accident through your recovery stages
- Miscellaneous expenses and costs resulting from your injuries
- Partial or full-disability needs
- Property damage and replacement
- Short and long-term disability needs
- past and future pain and suffering
Q: Are there upfront costs associated with hiring a truck accident attorney in Las Vegas NV?
A: Our firm takes each truck accident case, and injury client, on without any upfront costs. We work on a contingency basis, which means if we do not win your case, you do not pay us anything.
Call the accomplished truck accident attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith in Las Vegas, NV today at (702) 832-0513 to schedule a free consultation and allow us to explore the facts of your case and provide the best legal representation available in the State of Nevada.