Las Vegas Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical Malpractice Medical malpractice cases are a type of personal injury case in which those who have been injured as a result of a medical professional’s negligence seek compensation for their injuries, permanent disabilities, lost wages, pain and suffering. Currently, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) reports that between 44,000 and 98,000 preventable deaths occur each year in U.S. medical facilities. Millions of other patients sustain mild to severe injuries that can significantly affect their qualify of life in the short or long term on a physical, emotional and financial level.
Compensation May Be Available
If you or a loved one has been victimized by medical malpractice in the Las Vegas area, the well trained, highly qualified medical malpractice attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith want you to know that we are here to:
- Offer you a free, no obligation initial consult to learn more about your legal rights
- Ensure that your needs and rights are put first and aggressively represented
- Build you the strongest possible medical malpractice lawsuit
- Help you seek and recoup compensation for your injuries and losses
Bases for Medical Malpractice Cases in Las Vegas
Patients may have a medical malpractice claim against a physician, hospital or any medical professional when they have acted negligently and when the resulting negligence has played a role in causing or worsening the injury. Specific examples of medical mistakes resulting in patient injury and wrongful death include:
- Failure to diagnose a condition
- Misdiagnosis of a condition
- Misreading lab test results
- Medication mistakes, such as prescribing the wrong type/dose of a drug, administering the drug in the wrong manner/to the wrong patient, prescribing combinations of drugs that are known to negatively interact with each other, etc.
- Failure to properly, adequately and promptly treat a patient
- Surgical errors, such as performing a procedure on the wrong patient/at the wrong site on the body, leaving tools in a patient following surgery, etc.
- Nursing home abuse
If you’ve been impacted by medical malpractice in Las Vegas, get the legal help you need. Medical malpractice cases can be complicated and involved; thus, they require a certain level of skill and experience. To schedule a consultation with a well-respected and highly qualified Las Vegas medical malpractice lawyer, contact Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith.
Accidental Death Cases
A wrongful death case is a type of personal injury lawsuit in which a family that has lost a loved one to a wrongful death (caused by any type of negligence) seeks compensation for their losses and emotional suffering. Given that the statute of limitations for filing a wrongful death claim is two years, grieving families should speak with an experienced lawyer shortly after the death to ensure they are able to recover the compensation they are entitled to.
The esteemed wrongful death attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith invite families who have lost a loved one to a wrongful death to attend a free initial consultation to:
- Learn more about their legal rights
- Receive a thorough, professional assessment of their case
- Receive advice regarding the most appropriate manner in which to proceeding
For more than 30 years, we have been committed to working tirelessly to move our clients through the personal injury legal system as efficiently and favorably as possible.
Causes of Wrongful Deaths
Any type of negligence, recklessness or carelessness on behalf of another individual or a corporation can result in serious injuries and wrongful death. Specifically, examples of common causes of wrongful death include:
- Automobile accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Defective drugs
- Equipment malfunction
- Domestic violence or assault
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Unsafe premises
- Workplace accidents