Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Dayton
Situated at the western end of Nevada’s Twenty-Six Mile Desert and along the bend of the Carson River is Dayton, Nevada. This community has an interesting past stretching back into the 19th century, starting off as being a watering hole for thirsty immigrants crossing the great plains of America to being a thriving mining and milling town to now transforming into a lively and desirable residential area, particularly for young families.
Dayton, named after the local surveyor John Day who later on became the Surveyor General of Nevada (though the area experienced numerous name changes, including “China Town” and Gold Cañon), has gained nationwide attention for a few reasons. The area welcomed the likes of Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable in the mid 20th Century when both actors performed in the iconic film, “The Misfits” on Dayton soil.
Dayton also continues to assert itself as being Nevada’s oldest settlement, with the wagon train of renowned pioneer Lucena Parsons allegedly staying at the mouth of Gold Cañon (now part of Dayton) for numerous weeks as they waited for treacherous ice and snow to melt.
Protecting Dayton’s Youngest Residents
According to the 2000 US census, nearly 40% of all households in Dayton had children under the age of 18. This makes Dayton amongst one of the youngest communities in America, yet also one at a greater threat for product liability and defective products. In fact, a quarter million or more children are involved in toy-related accidents every single year, with the vast majority of them being preventable and because of the negligence of another.
Defective Toy Injuries
While colorful and fun in the packaging, these toys that we are buying our children can put them at serious risk for harm. Many claims that involve defective toys include:
- Recalled toys
- Lead paint and mercury poisoning
- Choking or strangulation hazards
- Toys listed for inappropriate ages
Of course, injuries aren’t exclusively the result of toys. Other common defective children’s products include:
- Children’s cribs and bedding
- Inappropriate bicycle helmets
- Injuries on playground equipment and trampolines
- Defective sporting equipment
There is nothing more tragic than having a youngster harmed or have his or her life come to an end because of a defective product or the actions of a negligent company. At the law office of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter and Smith, we’ve taken a stand against some of the largest corporations today and have helped ensure that anyone of the generation of today who has been harmed by a defective product is protected through fair and just compensation.
If you believe that a product has been the result of you child being injured or harmed in any way, please give our experienced product liability lawyers a call today at (702) 728-4686.
Directions to Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys from Dayton, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 6 hr 29 mins
Total Est. Distance: 419 mi
- Head south on Shady Ln toward Tyler
- Turn left onto Main St
- Turn left onto US-50 E
- Turn right onto Ramsey Cutoff/Ramsey Weeks Cutoff
- Turn right onto US-95 ALT S
- Turn left to stay on US-95 ALT S
- Turn left at Bonanza to stay on US-95 ALT S
- Turn right onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto NV-362 S/U.S. 95 Truck
- Turn left onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto US-95 S/S 2nd St/Rte 95 S
- Take exit 81 for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Boulevard S and merge onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Merge onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117