Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Osino
Along Interstate 80 northeast and within Elko County is the community of Osino, Nevada, an area, which over 700 inhabitants call home. Osino is small in size, being only 2.48 square miles, but the median income of the hardworking individuals living in this area is $61,806, well above the average Nevada household income.
Osino is dominated by service industry jobs, with most of the residents commuting the 10 or so miles to Elko for employment each and every day. The area is prized as being a tranquil and even rural area to live in despite its approximation to a larger city, making it an attractive area for many older individuals to reside and relax in.
Protecting the Drivers of Osino
According to the Nevada Department of Transportation, there were 18,675 auto accidents that resulted in injury in 2010 and according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in 2013, Nevada suffered 262 fatalities on its roads – with several of them being perpetrated by operators of large trucks and big rigs.
Why Large Trucks Are a Greater Threat
Truck-related accidents occur at a higher rate when it comes to significant injury and wrongful death claims than most others for a simple reason – a semi truck has the weight and therefore the force available to make its impact with another vehicle that much more dire. But weight isn’t the only reason why large trucks pose a greater risk on Interstate 80 in Osino:
- Many drivers suffer from driver fatigue and make poor driving decisions or fall asleep at the wheel
- Several rigs are over their weight limit
- Cargo is often inappropriately secured
- Many drivers become distracted (radio, phones, etc.)
- Some drivers choose to drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (including prescription medications)
- Many of the trucks are under maintained and suffer from mechanical failure or have been equipped with defective equipment
- Drivers are poorly trained
Injuries that result from large trucks accidents are often fatal or are so severe that they can have an impact on individual’s life for many years, if not permanently.
Our highly experienced team of personal injury attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter and Smith have been defending the health and safety of Nevada residents for many years. We are committed to delivering the same care to you, if you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of a truck driver.
We invite you to call us today for a free initial consultation at 702-228-2600 to explore your options for compensation and justice.
Directions to Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys from Osino, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Osino, NV 89801
Total Est. Time: 6 hr 36 mins
Total Est. Distance: 430 mi
- Turn to merge onto I-80 E
- Merge onto I-80 E
- Take exit 352 for US-93 toward E Wells
- Turn right onto US-93 S
- Turn right to stay on US-93 S
- Turn left onto Great Basin Blvd
- Turn right onto US-6 W
- Turn left onto NV-318 S
- Turn right onto US-93 S
- Turn right to merge onto I-15 S/ US-93 S toward US-95/Las Vegas
- Take exit 42 to merge onto US-95 N toward Reno
- Take exit 81B for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Blvd S
- Turn left onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117