Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in West Wendover
West Wendover, Nevada, lies on the eastern border of the state and is nestled along the edge of the Great Salt Lake Desert. While sometimes confused as being part of Wendover, Utah, given the close proximity of the two communities, it only takes a moment or two to spot the difference: the casinos.
West Wendover prides itself as being the land of recreation, offering numerous outdoor and indoor activities for visitors and their 4,410 residents to enjoy. Hiking, ATVing, fishing and tennis are all popular activities, but what the area is best known for are its 5 state-of-the-art casinos that offer top notch gaming opportunities, entertainment, and spa treatments.
Serving the Residents of West Wendover
West Wendover is a young, thriving community in Nevada, with the median age being only 24 years of age. Those living in the area typically work in one of the many service industry jobs in the area, with several being employed by one of the many casinos in the area.
These jobs often require employees to be standing for lengthy periods of time throughout the day, with there also often being frequent bending, twisting and lifting. Unfortunately, these activities often result in temporary or chronic back pain.
- Lower back pain is the primary cause of disability worldwide
- 50% of working Americans claim to have suffered back pain symptoms each year, being one of the most common reasons why individuals miss work
- Back pain is the 2nd most common reason for an individual to pay a visit to the doctor’s office
- Americans spend over $50 billion annually on back pain
Experts have estimated that as many as 80% of the American population will suffer from some form of back pain at one point during their lives, and the injury will be likely due to repetitive motion or a traumatic injury (i.e. the back pain won’t be caused by infection, inflammatory arthritis or cancer).
Claiming for Back Pain
As soon as you experience work-related injury, including severe back pain, it’s important that you seek medical attention for two key reasons:
- You will receive individualized treatment for your injuries
- There will be third-party documentation of your injuries
Be sure to inform your doctor that you were injured at work. Once treatment has been sought, injured individuals must notify their employer that there has been an injury and that medical treatment has been sought. The employer will then be responsible for filling out a compensation form and mailing it within 3 days of your initial treatment.
Not every worker’s compensation case is simple – in fact, many can be quite complex. If you have any questions about your worker’s compensation claim, or if you have had one refused, the experienced workers compensation attorneys at the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter and Smith are here to help.
We welcome your call today at 702-228-2600 to discuss your workers comp claim.
Directions to Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys from West Wendover, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
West Wendover, NV
Total Est. Time: 5 hr 49 mins
Total Est. Distance: 369 mi
- Head east on Wendover Blvd toward Gene L. Jones
- Continue onto I-80BUS E/US-93 ALT S
- Turn right onto US-93 ALT S
- Continue onto US-93 S
- Turn left onto Great Basin Blvd
- Turn right onto US-6 W
- Turn left onto NV-318 S
- Turn right onto US-93 S
- Turn right to merge onto I-15 S/US-93 S toward US-95/Las Vegas
- Take exit 42 to merge onto US-95 N toward Reno
- Take exit 81B for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Blvd S
- Turn left onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117