Accidental Death Claims
Wrongful death claims are a specific type of lawsuit in which family members who have lost a loved one to any type of accidental death caused by another party’s negligence seek compensation for their losses, pain and suffering. In such cases, it’s essential that surviving family members work with a skilled, experienced wrongful death lawyer who can aggressively advocate their rights, help them efficiently navigate the legal system and ultimately help them recover the settlement/court award they deserve.
The seasoned attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith invite grieving family members to learn more about their legal rights, receive an expert evaluation of their wrongful death case and secure our superior services during a complimentary, no-obligations initial consultation. For more than three decades, our lawyers have been building, presenting and winning wrongful death lawsuits that result in our clients receiving the highest possible compensation for their injuries and losses.
Types of Las Vegas Wrongful Death Claims
A wrongful death lawsuit is based on claims that a fatality was caused by another’s negligence, recklessness or carelessness in scenarios such as:
- Motorcycle, truck or auto accident
- Assault or domestic violence
- Defective medications or products
- Equipment failure or malfunction
- Medical malpractice or surgical errors
- Unsafe premises, slip and fall accidents, construction site accidents or workplace accidents
In order for a wrongful death claim (or any personal injury claim, for that matter) to be valid, plaintiffs must:
- File their claim within two years of the wrongful death
- File all necessary court paperwork in a timely manner
- Prove in trial, arbitration or mediation that the other party (i.e. the defendant) acted negligently
During such tragic times, let our highly qualified wrongful death attorneys take care of all of the necessary legal work that needs to be done in order to pursue a wrongful death settlement. We are dedicated to ardently stand up for our clients’ legal rights and entitlements, and will do whatever it takes to help you and your family get through this difficult time.