Accidental Death Damages
When any type of recklessness, carelessness or negligence causes or contributes to a death, surviving loved ones will likely have a basis to file a wrongful death case in which they can seek compensation for their damages. If you have lost a loved one to a wrongful death and you live in the Las Vegas area, Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith can help.
- We are here during such traumatic times to help build you the strongest possible wrongful death lawsuit
- We are dedicated to getting each of our clients through the legal system as efficiently and successfully as possible
- We will work tirelessly to make sure you recover the full amount of compensation for your damages
Our distinguished wrongful death attorneys encourage family members who believe they’ve lost a loved one to a wrongful death to attend a complimentary consultation to learn more about their legal rights to seek compensation for damages.
Can I File a Claim for Wrongful Death Damages?
Wrongful deaths can occur as a result of a number of different factors or events, including:
- Bicycle, truck or motor vehicle accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Defective drugs
- Equipment malfunction
- Domestic violence or assault
- Medical malpractice or surgical errors
- Slip and fall accidents
- Unsafe premises
- Workplace accidents
As soon as a wrongful death occurs, it’s crucial that grieving families consult with a skilled lawyer to get their case started, as wrongful death claims must be filed within two years of the discovery that a wrongful death has occurred. Claims filed after this two-year deadline will be considered to be invalid and, therefore, your damages may all be dismissed.