Accidental Death Settlements
Wrongful death settlements are financial awards allotted to families who have lost a loved one due to a wrongful death. If you have lost a loved one to a wrongful death, the skilled wrongful death attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith are available to answer any of your questions.
For more than three decades, our devoted accidental death lawyers have been defending the rights of our clients and helping them get through the legal process as efficiently and successfully as possible. We are sensitive to our clients’ needs, and we will work tirelessly to help you and your family obtain a fair settlement.
Grounds for a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Any number of factors or events can result in fatalities and give the surviving family the grounds for a strong wrongful death claim. Examples of the negligence that may result in wrongful death include:
- Car, motorcycle or truck accidents: Last year, more than 45,000 fatalities occurred on U.S. roadways as a result of motor vehicle accidents
- Construction site accidents: Although construction site fatalities are on the decline, this industry has more wrongful deaths than any other industry in the private sector
- Defective drugs or products: Within the past 5 years, there was a 68 percent increase in the rate at which Americans were dying as the result of using unsafe prescription medications
- Domestic violence or assault: Of all women murdered last year, 1 in every 3 was killed as a result of domestic violence suffered at the hands of their partner
- Medical malpractice: Each year, more than 90,000 Americans die as a result of mistakes made by medical professional.
- Slip and fall accidents: Last year, nearly 20,000 people in the U.S. were killed as a result of a slip and fall accident
- Unsafe premises: The most common elements that make a premise unsafe and highly likely to cause a wrongful death include slippery walking areas, poor lighting, unguarded stairways, lack of safety signs and use of poorly maintained equipment
- Workplace accidents: Nearly 6,000 workplace fatalities occurred last year in the U.S.
How We Can Help You Reach a Wrongful Death Settlement
When you hire Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, you can be sure we will provide committed representation all the way through and will do the following:
- Compile all necessary evidence, including witness statements, doctors’ reports and lab tests, that verify your claims
- Meticulously evaluate over the defendants’ claims to find and highlight their inconsistencies and fallacies
- Work with experts who will testify in court and further verify your claims
- Aggressively litigate your case in all necessary legal proceedings so you can recover the settlement/award you deserve